I am an active vocal coach/accompanist and piano teacher in New York City. I offer piano lessons to children and adults in your Manhattan home, or in my Brooklyn home studio located off the F/G in Bergen and equipped with a well-maintained grand piano.
My students are regularly offered admission to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, and have gone on to perform with Symphony Silicon Valley, the New York City Opera, the Pennsylvania Renaissance Festival, the Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, and the Berkshire Festival. She has performed as a soloist nationally and internationally, including at the Bösendorfer-Saal in Vienna, Austria. Most recently, I provided the soundtrack for short film Next Seat App, nominated for Best Soundtrack Recording, Chain NYC Film Festival, 2018.
I amPast-President of the New York State Music Teachers Association (NYSMTA) and for several years, served as accompanist and private teacher for the Brooklyn Youth Chorus Academy. Prior to moving to New York, I taught and coached in central Texas with students progressing into advanced repertoire, performing in festivals, receiving high Guild ratings, and providing music for their church services. I rehearsed and directed opera scenes at the Baylor University Opera Theatre where I also accompanied numerous student recitals and musical theatre wrokshops. I gained practical experience as a substitute pianist at area churches with musical styles including gospel choruses, folk masses, and praise/worship bands.
I earned my Bachelor of Music magna cum laude and Master of M.usic (with distinction) degrees in Piano Pedagogy and Performance from Baylor University, and studied jazz piano privately with Brenda Earle. in NYC.
Piano for Adults
- MYTH: Adults can't learn piano as easily as children.
FACT: Wrong! Adults (and teens) learn differently than children do, but the ability to make progress or reach a certain level of advancement does not diminish with age.
- With 20+ years of experience teaching teens and adults, I understand how to leverage your mature cognitive skills to accelerate your piano progress.
- All levels are welcome!
Piano for Children
- I teach a literacy-based curriculum where students learn to read music and develop a healthy technique.
- I accept students with no prior instruction, as well as students who have had some basic music classes or elementary instruction and needs a teacher who can help them in advance farther or more efficiently.
- I accept students of all ages, as long as they are ready to focus for a 30-minute individual lesson.
Hire me to play!
- I am available to play for rehearsals, recordings, performances, events, etc.
- I can hold rehearsals and coaching sessions in my studio in Brooklyn and am willing to travel as far as the 90s in Manhattan.
- Rates vary depending on time commitment, amount and difficulty of repertoire, etc.